Prickly Heat : Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Prickly Heat : Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment :- Prickly Heat is often caused by exposure to warm temperatures and will normally clear up on it. own after a few days. There are a few simple treatment of help reduce symptoms but a visit to the doctor may be necessary in some situation.
The face , neck, shoulders and chest are the most common places for prickly heat to occur although it may show up anywhere. It can affect anyone but children are more likely to have it than adults.
Prickly Heat is usually easy to identify due to its straight forward symptoms. Tiny red bumps and itching on an area of skin that has been exposed to heat and sweat for a long time are common signs of Prickly Heat.
You can get a heat rash when you sweat too much. The ducts from the sweat gland in your skin become blocked. This cause the sweat to leak into the surrounding tissue. Which leads to irritation and redness. You may feet the Prickly or stinging, sensation that gives this conditions its name.
Treatment and Prevention
- Move to a colorless humid place
- Don’t scratch your skin or it could become infected.
- Keep the affected area dry.
- Don’t us ointments or creams that keep your skin moist.
- You can put powder on the rash to feel more comfortable.
- Use a fan
- Wear clothes that aren’t tight and don’t trap heat and moisture.