Chicken Pox : Prevention and Control
Chicken Pox : Prevention and Control :- Chicken pox is an acute extremely contagious infection caused by-” Varicella Zoster Virus” (VZV). It is benign illness of childhood characterized by exanthomatous vesicular rash. Occurs mainly in children under 10 years of age . Uncommon in adults. Incubation period about 14-16 days.
- Varicella zoster virus (V-Z virus)
- Droplets infection
- Freshly contaminated formalities use by the patients can transmits disease.
- Virus can cross placental barrier and may affect fetus.
Sign and Symptoms
- Appearance of rash in the form of crop on trunk, face and limbs.
Prevention and Control
- Isolation form 6 days after the onset of rash.
- Disinfection of articles contaminated by nose and throat discharges.
- For prevention varicella zoster immunoglobulin can be given within 72 hours of exposure.